If you have visited my site before, you may have noticed that it has had a fresh coat of paint. I'm very happy with how things turned out!
I could type a whole lot of words, but an image might say enough. This was the previous design:
So... I felt there was room for improvement. The previous design was put together quite quickly and did not change alll that much since it's initial launch.
I recently got a new logo design that was made by Lewiens. The new logo made the urge for a website redesign greater, and the designer was once again happy to help me out (Thanks!). This has resulted in a design I'm very content with. At the end of the day, I'm a developer and not a designer - and I never could have made a design like this myself.
The previous website was built with Laravel and Tailwind CSS. The funny thing is that even though the website looks completely different, it technically is still the same website. And it still runs on Laravel and Tailwind CSS.
I also replaced the simple self made admin panel with Laravel Nova. I did consider using Statamic first, toyed around with it a bit and really liked it. But I felt Nova suited my use case more. Statamic might certainly be interesting to use for more content heavy sites.
I'm really happy with how the new site turned out. If you spot any mistakes on the site, please let me know. Of course, I'd love to hear what you think about the new design too!
If you are interested, the code of this website is open source and can be found on GitHub.